The translator stops processing a row when a null value occurs in one of the language

Topics: Enhancement
Dec 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Consider this scenario: my customizations are translated into 3 languages. The first and last column are translated by myself, the second column is translated by someone else.
I fill the first and last column and import the translations.

As the translator processes columns untill a null value occurs, the first column is imported correctly, but the last column is often not imported.

I would suggest the following changes:
  • Change "while (row.Cells[columnIndex].Value != null)" into while (columnIndex <= lastColumnIndex)
  • Per column, decide what to do with empty values: ignore or import (which will clear an existing value)
Note that this accounts for most of Tabs in the Excel sheets.
Dec 3, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Hi (Again),

As their is a workaround here, I guess I will do the first correction and for the second one, I will certainly add an option to decide if empty cell will erase translation or if it will be ignored
Dec 3, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Hi,

thanks!
Yes, there is a workaround, and for me this is acceptable. But it took some time before I understood the behavior of the translator. And developers can check the sourcecode, but non-developers have a problem here ;)

An option whether to erase or ignore empty translations would be a big improvement!