Suggestion for Iconator

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Hey Tanguy,

I have a suggestion for the Iconator. It would be great if you had the ability to set the Web Resource Schema name when uploading new icon files. Right now, it bases the Web Resource name on the image file name. Most of the time, I'll use the same icons for different entities/solutions. I name the Web Resource based on the Entity for the corresponding icon (eg, a file named invoice-32.png would be uploaded to a web resource that I would name "ApplicationEntityIcon_32.png" or even "SiteMapIcon_ApplicationsArea_32.png".

It would make it much easier to assign the icons to the entities, too, as the name would reflect the entity I want to use it for.

Another handy feature would be an Icon extracter, that would download icons from one tenant to be used in a different tenant. This again, would allow us to re-use icons another team member used or created and upload them to a new set of web resources with new web resource names. We can always export them in their own solution file, but we're stuck with the Names the other team member used when they created their web resources.

Thanks!

--Dodd
Dec 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Thanks for these good suggestions!

I will implement them in a near future