Can't connect using 1.2015.1.19 - Wrong version of SDK assembly

Topics: Connection
Jan 22, 2015 at 5:10 PM
Hi,
previous version (pre 2015) was working fine, but when I try and connect to a CRM instance with the new version, I get this error:
Test connection failed: Could not load file or assemblt 'Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=6.0.00' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not mathc the assembly reference'.

Sorry if this should be obvious, but I can't work out how to fix this.

Thanks as ever,
Ben
Developer
Jan 22, 2015 at 6:05 PM
Did you happen to GAC the old assembly? Did you try extracting the zip to a new folder, or did you copy over the existing values? 6.0.0.0 shouldn't be being referenced by the new version.
Jan 23, 2015 at 5:27 AM
Confirm that you don't have DLaB.Xrm.dll in XrmToolBox folder. I got this error when this was the case.
Developer
Jan 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM
rajyraman wrote:
Confirm that you don't have DLaB.Xrm.dll in XrmToolBox folder. I got this error when this was the case.
Did you get that error attempting to connect, or attempting to load the XRM Toolbox or Option Set Converter?
Developer
Jan 23, 2015 at 9:32 PM
hulk2484 wrote:
rajyraman wrote:
Confirm that you don't have DLaB.Xrm.dll in XrmToolBox folder. I got this error when this was the case.
Did you get that error attempting to connect, or attempting to load the XRM Toolbox or Option Set Converter?
I've got a fix for this, but unfortunetly I'm getting an error attempting to upload to CodePlex... Starting to wonder about switching to some other project hosting site. No support for analytics for nearly 6 months now, and now I can't even update the dlls for my release!
Developer
Jan 24, 2015 at 2:50 PM
rajyraman wrote:
Confirm that you don't have DLaB.Xrm.dll in XrmToolBox folder. I got this error when this was the case.
I was finally able to upload my release. Feel free to download my latest releases
Jan 24, 2015 at 8:03 PM
I got the error, when I tried to connect to an org from the connection dialog. I will download the new optionset tool and test. Thank you.
Jan 24, 2015 at 8:08 PM
tested by dropping the new release into the xrmtoolbox folder. no error displayed after connection dialog.
Developer
Jan 25, 2015 at 3:59 AM
Thanks for testing! Nice to know when things are working!
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 7:19 AM
It appears that reusing the old XrmToolBox folder can cause some issue like this one
Jan 27, 2015 at 8:18 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2015 at 8:22 AM
Thanks all,
installing everything in a new folder has fixed the problem for me.

Ben
Jan 27, 2015 at 8:20 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2015 at 8:21 AM
Hi Ben
The FetchXML Builder issue you mention has been fixed in the latest release (from yesterday).
Issue: https://fxb.codeplex.com/workitem/1837
Just download the new version from https://fxb.codeplex.com/releases/view/611024 :)

/Jonas
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 8:30 AM
It seems we are getting a quite good community around XrmToolBox :)

Thank you very much @Rappen for jumping in the discussion and helping @bhwalker
Jan 27, 2015 at 8:45 AM
Rappen wrote:
Hi Ben
The FetchXML Builder issue you mention has been fixed in the latest release (from yesterday).
Issue: https://fxb.codeplex.com/workitem/1837
Just download the new version from https://fxb.codeplex.com/releases/view/611024 :)

/Jonas
I'd already spotted this and removed my comment before you posted! Thanks!