System.TimeoutException when importing translations

Topics: Bug
Dec 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM
I'm trying to import translations with Easy Translator, and I'm running into an error in the "importing attributes translations" step.

I get the following error message:
System.TimeoutException: The HTTP request to 'https://XXX/XrmServices/2011/Organization.svc' has exceeded the allotted timeout of 00:02:00. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

I'm working with a Dynamics CRM 2011 instance. The translations file I'm importing has about 6,000 attribute translations, and I am running the application from a PC that is connecting to the CRM server over the public internet.

Do I need to change a setting on my CRM application server, or do I need to make a change to the source and build my own copy locally? Also, would running from a server in the same data center with my CRM application server (or even on the CRM application server itself) help?
Dec 3, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I ended up solving my own problem by modifying the connection manager to add adjustable timeout values.

I posted the files and a detailed explanation on my blog.
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Your changes have been added to the source code.

I just used TimeSpan instead of String to store the timeout, it ensures a correct value
Marked as answer by tanguy92 on 12/4/2014 at 7:27 AM
Dec 4, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Awesome, thanks for taking the contribution!