View Transfer Error

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:04 AM
Hi All

Just tried to use the View Transfer Tool (1.2014.8.27) and came across an error.

"Error while transferring views: LogicalName is required when entity id is not specified"

Both the to & From servers are CRM 2013 On Premise, happens on multiple entities & views.

What am I missing here?

Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM
May I get the layoutxml and fetchxml of the view you are trying to transfer?
Nov 11, 2014 at 8:51 AM
I hope this helps. I appear to have the problem with all views I try so I feel that I must be missing something basic.

I get an Unhandled Exception "Object reference not set to an instance of an Object"

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DamSim.ViewTransferTool.ViewTransferTool.BwTransferViewsWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

LayoutXML & FetchXML
<layoutxml>
  <grid name="resultset" object="1" jump="name" select="1" preview="1" icon="1">
    <row name="result" id="accountid">
      <cell name="name" width="150" />
      <cell name="koo_areacode" width="100" />
      <cell name="koo_bannergroupid" width="100" />
      <cell name="koo_complianceresult" width="100" />
      <cell name="koo_dimcostcentre" width="100" />
    </row>
  </grid>
</layoutxml>
<querytype>0</querytype>
<fetchxml>
  <fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false">
    <entity name="account">
      <attribute name="koo_dimcostcentre" />
      <attribute name="koo_complianceresult" />
      <attribute name="koo_bannergroupid" />
      <attribute name="koo_areacode" />
      <order attribute="name" descending="false" />
      <filter type="and">
        <filter type="or">
          <condition attribute="koo_surveydatetime" operator="null" />
          <condition attribute="koo_surveydatetime" operator="olderthan-x-months" value="3" />
        </filter>
      </filter>
      <link-entity name="koo_bannergroup" from="koo_bannergroupid" to="koo_bannergroupid" alias="aa">
        <filter type="and">
          <condition attribute="koo_compliancesurveyurl" operator="not-null" />
        </filter>
      </link-entity>
      <attribute name="accountid" />
    </entity>
  </fetch>
</fetchxml>
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Hi,

I found a bug in the code so the tool can't work as expected. If you send me a private message, I can answer you with a fixed version
Nov 11, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Thanks, Just PM'ed you.

Dave
Nov 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I'm having exactly the same issue.
would you be able to send me the fixes version?

Thanks,
Ben
Nov 24, 2014 at 10:35 AM
PM'ed you.

ben
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2014 at 10:41 AM
sent
Dec 26, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Can you explain exactly how this particular tool is supposed to be used? I had the same error as those above, however, i upgraded to the latest release of xrmtoolbox, which resolved that particular issue. The next issue I'm having is that when i try and transfer a user view it's telling me that the user in environment a does not exist in environment b, which is true if you account for the systemuserid being a unique GUID in both environments. It would be great to be able to transfer user views or team owned views across environments instead of having to rebuild them in dev/test/prod. Let me know if there is a solution for this.
Coordinator
Dec 26, 2014 at 5:50 PM
This does work with user unique identifier. This is not exactly one of my tools since one of my colleague developed it. But I can handle an update for this tool to work with domain name instead of user unique identifier. Just do not expect an update before
one or two weeks
Dec 29, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Thanks @tanguy92! That would be super helpful! I can already see some excellent applications for this, especially if it uses domain name instead of GUID.

Please let us know when it's available.

Thanks again!
Jan 14, 2015 at 9:24 PM
Hi, just wanted to follow up on this.
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2015 at 10:18 AM
I didn't start working on this topic since I was super busy + Christmas holidays

I hope to handle this this week
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2015 at 10:32 AM
I need someone to test the new version

Please PM me to recieve the new version
Jan 17, 2015 at 12:52 PM
I can test Monday. Sent from my iPhone