Alter all users Personal Option settings

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:58 AM
Edited Nov 10, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Hi,

We are in the process of deploying CRM for Outlook 2013 to 350 plus users and need to configure all the users Personal Option settings in Outlook via the File -> CRM -> Options area. We are trying to use the XML file client_config method, however, this is proving to be very difficult.

Can the XrmTool alter Personal option settings such as which default forms should be used in Outlook. i.e. Once CRM for Outlook has been installed on a users laptop by default the Task form used in Outlook is the CRM Task form which is set in the users Personal Option settings for CRM. You can un-tick this setting but we would need to do this for 350 plus users which is not feasible. Can this be done via XrmTool?

Any insight into this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Andre van der Walt
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Hi,

That could be possible even if I would need to update the User Settings Tool to handle these settings.

What's the hurry of this request?
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Can you send me a private message so I get your email address and send you some extra information?
Nov 17, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Hi Tanguy,

We have another update meeting in a hour and it would be very helpful if you have any update on the adding of those Outlook User settings? Or even telling me where in the SQL DB those settings are changed?

Kind regards,

Andre van der Walt