Web Resources Manager: "Get latest version" option

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Can I suggest another feature enhancement please?

As a minor enhancement, I think it would be useful to be able to right click on a resource in the treeview and get the latest published version back from the CRM server.

There are a couple of use cases that I can immediately think of when this might be useful:
  • When working with Web Resources Manager, I occasionally have two tabs open for the same solution, especially when cross-referencing and editing two files. Occasionally I navigate to other files. There is sometimes a danger of editing a stale file so I often refresh my resource by reloading the whole solution.
  • I may have a solution open for some time (over an hour) before I start to edit it. There is a risk that a colleague has edited the file on the server and I reintroduce a stale version.
For extra credit: ;)
Ideally it would great if each (locally cached) resource also calculated a checksum on initial download from the server. This checksum could be compared with the latest server version, immediately prior to committing changes. If the original checksum fails to match, the commit could be halted and ask me to confirm if I want to continue.
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Hi Greg,

The code is now done! If you can't wait for a next release (probably next month), I can send you the updated version by email
Marked as answer by hulk2484 on 11/6/2014 at 1:56 PM
Nov 5, 2014 at 11:37 AM
You’re a coding machine!!!

This is absolutely not urgent so I’m very happy to wait, although if there is value to you in me “testing” it ahead of the release then I’d be glad to help.

Thanks again for your continued efforts :-)