Entity: Projects

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Is the entity "Projects" not available to the XRMToolbox?

I'm trying to access a section in the "Projects" Entity called "Notes". For some reason, when initially loading the page, the Notes section does not display any notes. In fact, it claims there are "No records found". Click on the word "Notes", however, and suddenly it shows all the notes below. Unfortunately, even then, there is often no indicator of how long the notes actually are because the scroll bar for the Notes section is invisible until after you hover your mouse over that section. I was trying to figure out a way to always display notes automatically and to show the scroll bar for the section if there's anything to scroll.

Here are a few screenshots showing (1) the default view, (2) after clicking on "Notes", and (3) after hovering the mouse over the section to get the scrollbar to show up.

(1)

(2)

(3)
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM
What's the point with XrmToolBox? Your question does not seem related to it...
Jun 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM
What I was trying to accomplish may not have been accomplishable with XRM Toolbox but my initial question still stands. Is the entity "Projects" not available to the XRMToolbox? You'll notice from the first screenshot that there is no "Projects" entity in the list. I noticed the same problem when using the MSCRM Toolkit to export an audit trail and "Projects" wasn't available to select there either and wondered if this was a limitation of the API provided or if you and the author of MSCRM Toolkit had both used a similar base code that just didn't have "Projects" accessible.

Sorry, I'm definitely not a CRM expert. I don't even know what most of these tools do. I typically just poke around the admin site for a bit while trying to figure out how to do something before looking for an external tool that might help me accomplish my task more directly. I find the UI for CRM to be mind boggling; quite unlike the rest of the MS software realm which is typically quite intuitive and user friendly.
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Project is definitively not a standard MS CRM entity, so I don't know how it was created...

Latest version of XrmToolBox should retrieve this entity. Maybe its schema name is not project
Jun 12, 2014 at 9:56 PM
That would definitely explain it. Thank you for your assistance. Could you point me in the right direction for a help site on things like how to find the schema names of entities?