Adding New Areas to Site Map

May 14, 2014 at 2:30 PM
I have tried to add a new area / button to have better groupings for my custom entities ... but I can not get them to show up when I update the site map ... is there a trick to this ? Also , where are the default icons stored , as I cant see the entire path when I look at the default button/area settings.

thanks
Wayne
Coordinator
May 14, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Do you talk about grouping entities in a new Area? If so, you have to tick "Show Groups" checkbox in Area properties

For default icons, they are located in <InstallDir>\CRMWeb_imgs
May 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM
I thought I did that ... but I will retry again ... thanks for the quick response ...

Is there any limit to the number of areas ?

Default icons , I us the ONLINE version ... do you know the location for that ?
Coordinator
May 14, 2014 at 3:07 PM
I don't think there is a limit for area but you have to keep some space for area content...

In online version, you don't have access to the list of icons but they are all under the root url like https://myorg.crm.dynamics.com/_imgs/...
May 14, 2014 at 4:09 PM
thanks so much , and I got my new area to appear now ... I don't know why it didn't the first time ... I must not have done as you suggested

thanks again , it was quite helpful , I am so glad my Microsoft Partner , Qixas recommended your product
May 19, 2014 at 8:31 AM
I had the same problem a few days ago; The trick was to use the "Save" button for the (sub)area etc. If you then publish it will show up, else it won't. Probably because it only gets an assigned ID after pressing that button.