What's with the new ConnectionDetail Class and the change of IMsCrmToolsPluginUserControl to include it?

Developer
Feb 17, 2014 at 3:09 PM
My plugin doesn't show up in the newest version the Toolbox because the new Connection Detail signature of the UpdateConnection method. The documentation doesn't mention anything about it. What is it and how should my plugin change?
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Hi,

Sorry, I didn't change the documentation.

You just have to reference the new version of XrmToolBox in your plugin project. You will see that UpdateConnection method needs a ConnectionDetail parameter. It contains all the data defined to connect to the organisation.

I added this parameter so that plugins are able to get information about the connection. It avoids to parse the OrganizationService object to find information.

Tell me if you need more info
Marked as answer by hulk2484 on 2/17/2014 at 9:02 AM
Developer
Feb 17, 2014 at 3:21 PM
So basically it was added so if you wanted to display the name of the Organization in the plugin somewhere you could do that? (Or determine if it was on-line vs on-premise)

Cool.

What's the best way to be notified of future changes that break the plugin interface?
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2014 at 4:36 PM
That's it!

When I break the plugin interface, I announce it in the release that contains this change. So if you register to release notification, you shoulbe be aware of this kind of changes