Can't connect to CRM 2011 OnPremise

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Edited Nov 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Hi there,

I'm having difficulties with connecting to our OnPremise CRM and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I keep getting the error message that "An error occured while retrieving the organizations: Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved..."
I think I'm just using the wrong settings, or not using them the right way - please see details below. I'm trying to connect via our internal LAN at work so I'm thinking Windows Integrated Authentication should do. However, I did try putting in my credentials using Custom Authentication and that didn't work either.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByNuwhzYbo8KMHl6UUU1RWhxTWc/edit?usp=sharing

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Viktor
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Edited Nov 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Hi,

Do not use home realm url textbox. That should work
Marked as answer by viktorj on 11/12/2013 at 4:20 AM
Nov 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Hey tanguy,

Thanks a million for your quick reply, that did the trick!

Just to confirm for others who may read this and who may be just an unfamiliar with these sort of things as I am, the scenario in our case was the following. We have CRM 2011 On-Premise to which we connect via LAN with our Active Directory credentials (we use the same to log into Windows). In this scenario - as it turned out - all I needed to do was to input the Server Name (e.g. MyCRMAppServer), Server Port (e.g. 5555) and select Windows Integrated Authentication as the authentication method. Didn't need to check any of the checkboxes at all.

Thanks again tanguy!
Viktor