How Do You Suggest Sharing Our Own Plugins?

Developer
Aug 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I created a plugin that converts local option sets to global option sets and I'd like to share it with the community. Should I just create my own CodePlex project and link to this one in the installation instructions?
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM
You can use any way to distribute your plugins (codeplex, direct download, etc.).
On my side, I can reference your plugin on my blog and write an article about it + reference it on the xrmtoolbox codeplex page + tweet about it

Send me a link to the plugin download page and I will make it visible :)
Developer
Aug 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM
If I want to include a common dll library, how do I keep it form showing up in the list of plugins?
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2013 at 2:43 PM
The toolbox only shows up assemblies that contains class implementing IMsCrmToolsPluginUserControl.

So, if your common library does not implement it, it should not show up
Developer
Aug 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Ah that was my problem. I had a base class in a common library that implemented some additional logic along with IMsCrmToolsPluginUserControl.

I ended up having to make it abstract to get it not to show up in the tool list, but then I couldn't use the form designer. So then I had to use this solution:
#if DEBUG
    public class AbstractForm : Form
    {
#else
    public abstract class AbstractForm: Form
    {
#endif
From here: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/22788/Inheriting-a-Form-from-an-Abstract-Class-and-Makin

I'm guessing it'll be easier to just not mark the base class as implementing the interface, unless you can think of a better way?
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I'm not an expert in developement so I can't answer your question...

If it works this way, it's fine for me