New tab functionality - connected to multiple servers at once

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Hi!

For example: It would be nice to have the possibility to connect to both dev and test environment at the same time, cut and paste sitemap groups between environments.

A tab interface would make it easy to switch between the environments if they are hosted on different servers, demanding a new connection.

Best regards
Peter 

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

A feature I did not documented is to open a tool being connected to one environment, perform some actions (retrieve a sitemap for example), then click on the main toolbar button "Connect to CRM" and choose another environment. Then a popup will open to allow you change the connection of one or many opened tools. Then you can update the SiteMap on another environment.

Is this what you expect?

Jun 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Sorry for not getting back to you, totally forgot. I believe it works, but it's a little confusing to know if each tab is connected to both servers at once.

It's nice with the tabs, now I can switch between dev and test to look, but it's a little bit hard to know what server the tab is connected to. Let me try to explain:

If I connect to dev and then test, the "Connected to..." in the low left corner tells me I'm connected to the last server I connected to (test). The thing that can confuse the user is that the tab heading says for example dev in one tab and test in the other. The problem for me is that if I make a change in the dev tab and update the sitemap, does it update the dev environment as the tab heading says, or does it update the test environment as the "Connected to" says?

Wonder if I'm clear enough? :)

Really good work with the ToolBox by the way, really appreciate it!