Attribute Bulk Updater

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Edited Dec 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Hello Tanguy! Thank you for the tool. I think the tool will be much more useful if:

1. "Valid for Audit" and "Valid for Advanced Find" properties of the attribute will be shown in a grid
  2. It will have an option to disable Audit and Find for attributes witch are not on the form

Artem Grunin

Ex CRM MVP

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback

1. Yes, I can add these two columns. If you tick only one checkbox, attributes valid for this property are checked but if you tick both, then yes, the visibility is no so good.

2. Yes, I can add this option, too. I have a tool in mind that would be an Audit Control Panel that will have this feature but I can add it anyway. To find attributes on the form, just click on the column header 'On Form'

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Thanks for reply. I believe it would be great if you add "Invert selection" button. So we can select all attributes on form, then invert selection and finally disable find and audit features for all that useless stuff. :)

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Maybe you did'nt understand how the tool work (or maybe it is not clear enough):

• When displaying attributes, those which are valid for ... (depend on checkbox ticked) have their checkbox ticked
  • When updating attributes, those which are ticked are enabled (valid for = true), those who are not ticked are disabled (valid for = false)

So, to disable all attributes that are not on form, you can just click on the button "Check attr. on forms", then click on button "Update", and it's done

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Ok, thanks. Now I get it. I thought setting was applied to selected records only.